header ad



Friday, March 11, 2022

Living With Lisa Rinna

 

The likelihood of Lisa Rinna becoming a star one day was obvious to anyone - especially Lisa Rinna's. Lisa Rinna: "From an early age, I always dreamed of being an actor." She says that with such confidence you don't consider whether she is trying to convince you otherwise. "As I went through my life it opened up to me. You have that mindset and that goal-oriented place within you. Who knows what's in store for you?”

Young Rinna could never have imagined that she would one day be the person she is today when she was growing up in Medford, Oregon. In addition to managing her daughters' careers and spending time with her husband, Harry Hamlin, she also has a successful relationship and family. The entrepreneur, a Broadway performer, and a red carpet host has published books, been on Broadway, and has her own QVC line. Additionally, she has been a household name since her roles on television shows such as Days of Our Lives, Melrose Place & most notably, The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (the show she has entitled "the big dysfunctional family of my life").

Rinna modeling at The Heart Truth Fashion Show 2008
Image Credit: Wikipedia


When I ask Rinna what she's learned over the years, she mentions the word "tenacity." It seems all of this came naturally to her. But she tells us how she turned that "goal-oriented place" into more than just a dream, but into a vision, proving once again that hard work does indeed breed success. According to Rinna, she thinks she has always operated in that way without even realizing it. "I think I've always said ‘yes' to opportunities because I was always sure they were going to lead me to something better, and that's just something that's always been in me."

In spite of this, Rinna remains humble about her own success, especially when it comes to the fame she's received in the Housewives franchise on Bravo, a series she's been a part of since 2014. She as well as co-star Kyle Richards surprised Glee actress (and self-described Housewives superfan) Lea Michele earlier this summer when they hosted The Ellen DeGeneres Show. It was a memorable experience for Michele, and Rinna had a similarly memorable experience.

Whenever I watch a show, I'm like, "Oh my god, you watch this?"

The star-struck feeling is still so strong and I'm so thankful to be able to work and pursue my passion that it never ceases to amaze me how many people watch the show,” she confesses. Having someone I adore, someone I look up to and admire as an artist or an actor, watch the show and love it is so fun. I love the fact that every single day so many people watch my show ... the audience feels as though they really know me because I share so much of my personal life with them. "It's been a great experience." She laughs before continuing. “It helps to have friends and opponents who like and respect you as a person. I'd rather have friends and haters who love to hate than the other way around.

It is hard to ignore Rinna's impact on young actors and influencers whose careers are impacted by her success. She has seen her daughters' persistence in reaching for the stars. Has she seen it in her own career? Her answer is thoughtful. I ask her why she sees their drives so differently. She says, "I can't say that Amelia Gray is exactly like me, but Delilah is more like Harry in how she approaches matters. I can't say that either one of them is exactly exactly like me.". Motherhood is different, though. "We all grew up differently, and the girls are very different, as well as the rest of us."

Rinna lived in a world without social media and Instagram posts, and her daughters grew up in a world without them as well. She explains that she got her inspiration from things such as recordings and movies and especially dance when recounting her memories of growing up in Oregon, her voice taking on an excited tone. Rinna remembers that she loved ballet and went to see it whenever she got the chance. When I was a child, we would go to the American Ballet Theater. What other source of inspiration did you have back then? Journals. "I got my outside view of the world from Vogue, Mademoiselle, and Seventeen," says Rinna. We weren't exposed to anything else. The National Enquirer and Star magazines were always available at my mother's friend's house when I went there. In the 7th and 8th grades, we thought that was awesome. She would read salacious stories out of magazines she stole from her mom.

Since Rinna is one of the main sources of salacious stories for millions of fans and magazine readers, it would seem that she is now the one providing them. Although she cautions that I should not believe everything I read about Housewives!Housewives!Housewives! What should I believe, then? Rinna says the women in the group are incredible, strong, and supportive. Despite whatever we go through in terms of trials, traumas, and tribulations, the immediate cast and the people with whom I am currently working are very supportive of one another. If someone has a problem, everyone reaches out to support them. When someone celebrates, everyone extends a hand. I find that to be quite illuminating when working on a reality show.

In spite of her massive accomplishments, Rinna's dreams and projects have never taken a back seat just because she's made a lot of waves and, like it or not, she's not slowing down anytime soon. "I dream of hosting SNL or appearing on the show at any level," she says. "I want to be a rock star." I still want to accomplish a lot. Hopefully, I will be able to accomplish them in an upcoming iteration. "I have no idea what I want to do, because they keep coming to me as we go along." Rinna pauses as she collects her thoughts, but before I can join her, she carries on with formidable enthusiasm. In a fifth of a century, who knows what will happen? Until the last breath of your life, you can keep working. My goal is to instill in the kids a sense of freedom and not having to restrict themselves. There are many things that you can do. Do what makes you happy. I hope they see me and say, "Of course.". I can do it if my mother can."

Would she do it again if she had to? Not a chance. Rinna warns, "No step can be missed.". This is what she believes: "I would be nowhere if I knew what I now know.". The steps have to be lived in order to learn and grow. So no changes are needed-it's fine as it is."

Source Credit: CVLUX MAGAZINE


No comments:

Post a Comment